November 3 - 18 : Spiritual Agriculture & Spanish Immersion Retreat at Patziapa, Guatemala
2-week intensive Spanish immersion program while working with the gardens, ceremonies, & culture of the Maya at the Patziapa Sanctuary on the shores of Lake Atitlan. This is a continuation of developing the ways of "spiritship" (spiritual stewardship): defining and supporting a reverent spiritual relationship to our world.
We will be offering the following:
- Daily Spanish lessons with a Spanish Language Teacher to learn phrases and vocabulary that are used with the Mayan Cosmovision, medicine plants, in the garden projects, and ceremonies
- Teachings from Mayan Organic Solutions developers in the bioregion of Atitlan (working with the department of agriculture of Guatemala) helping to establish a laboratory and medicine garden at Patziapa
- Teachings from a local organic beekeeper
- 2 Temescal (Mayan sweatlodge) ceremonies using the medicine plant waters
- Mayan Fire Ceremony
- Sunrise Pipe Ceremonies
- Full moon ceremony at the edge of Lake Atitlan
- Planting, harvesting, and making medicines from the plants
Contact HeddiL@gmail.com for more information...