This special retreat is focused on those interested in an introduction to the sacred work of the shaman healers as well as an opportunity for those already following this path to rekindle & stoke the sacred fires and alliances of our life's work, through:
~ Spiritual connection to the fire ~
~ Working with the soul in the temescal (Mayan purification lodge) ~
~ Council sharing time for questions and deeper understanding of one's path ~
~ Mayan Fire Ceremony with Mayan Spiritual Guides at the sacred site ~
~ Pilgrimage to sacred site of Iximche ancient stone temples ~
~ Teachings about our bundles as well as ceremonies for blessing and renewing our bundles ~
- Fri 12/1 (3 Keme): Fly into Guatemala City
- Sat 12/2 (4 Kiej): Travel to lake, lunch at Tiosh Abaj, boat to Patziapa & settle in & welcome pipe ceremony
- Sun 12/3 (5 Q'anil): Time with the gardens and medicine plants of Patziapa, evening full moon temescal
- Mon 12/4 (6 Toj): Prepare the mesa in the maloca (roundhouse) with teachings and Council time
- Tues 12/5: Council time continued, make offerings to the Mother Earth and the councils of humanity.
- Wed 12/6 (8 B'atz): Mayan Fire Ceremony with Mayan elders honoring Waqxaqui (8) B'atz with prayers for Lake Atitlan at pyramid of Patziapa & Rites of Passage Initiation Ceremony
- Thurs 12/7: (9 E): Pilgrimage to Tecpan to the temples of Iximche to introduce ourselves & activate the energy of the ancestors
- Fri 12/8 (10 Aj): Blessing of the bundles to empower the sacred work for today's world - fire to give offerings, gratitude, smoke pipes and make personal prayers
- Sat 12/9 (11 Ix): Sunrise gratitude ceremony, breakfast and pack, leave Patziapa, lunch at Tiosh Abaj, travel to Guatemala City
- Sun 12/10 (12 T'zikin): Fly home
Patziapa offers a private retreat for soul rejuvenation and connection to the ancestors on sacred land in the heart of the Mayan world. Surrounded by three volcanoes along the shores of Lake Atitlan, the fertile land delights the senses and awakens a deep sense of spiritual and elemental connection.
Information about your Guatemalan Retreat:
Participants will need to fly into Guatemala City on Dec 1st and depart on Sunday Dec 10th (Airfare is not included in retreat fee).
Your loving support includes shared hotel rooms in Guatemala City the night of arrival and night before departure, private shuttle to and from Santiago Atitlan and to Iximche temple, meals, lodging at Patziapa, teachings, ceremonial materials, boat transportation, and support for the staff and ongoing maintenance of the Patziapa Sanctuary.
We encourage donations and gifts to the Medicine People who will be sharing with us.
NOT Included in your experience: airfare, shopping expenses, gifts for the elders, tips you may want to offer staff, excursions you choose to take outside the planned group activities.
Special arrangements can be made for people interested in staying longer at Patziapa...
For more information, contact Erick or Heddi at 530.459.3471 or HeddiL@gmail.com.
The day of Waqxaqui (8) B'atz in the Mayan Calendar is celebrated by millions of the Maya throughout Guatemala and Central America as the day of Spiritual Renewal for all life that has come through the matrix, when another 260-day (9 month) cycle of Life is completed (this day is often referred to as the "Mayan New Year"). The energy of B'atz is that of the threads of life, the cords of energy that flow from our umbilical cords and connect us to all of our past and future generations, with 8 being the number of completion.
It is a powerful opportunity to join together around the Grandfather Fire with Mayan Priests & Priestesses to weave our thoughts, prayers, intentions, and actions together for a better future on our Mother Earth. We offer generous amounts of ceremonial gifts to the fire in gratitude and payment for our lives and the spiritual and elemental forces that guide and protect us. We invite you to join us and weave your unique thread for peace and healing of our Mother Earth and each other!